Society Research and other enquiries
Box 2309 Mail Centre
(Pres. Jim Evans)
03 5442 1005 Business Hours
178-180 Hargreaves St, Bendigo.
Ph: 03 5441 3443
Open Tues and Thurs 10am - 4:00pm
Jim Evans: President
Neville Davies: Secretary / Temporary Treasurer
Barbara Poustie: Assistant Secretary
Kay MacGregor: Collections Manager
School of Mines
Encouraged by the Mechanics’ Institute, the School of Mines was opened in 1873 with the purpose
of educating in such fields as metallurgy, assaying, geology, mineralogy, mathematics, surveying, mine management etc. Building
extended later with tower and new buildings by Vahland (architect).