The Nolan Street facility is no longer used by the BHS.
The BHS Collection has been relocated to History House 11 Mackenzie Street Bendigo. The new location is currently open to the public on Thursdays from 10.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. Phone 03 5442 1005 during these hours.
Acquisition of items for the BHS Collection. Please send details of offers of items (with photograph if possible) to our postal address or email email@example.com
- Items for the Bendigo Historical Society collection are acquired primarily through donation, though occasionally items may be acquired through purchase, transfer or bequest.
- Acceptance of an item for accession into the Society’s collection shall be at the discretion of the Society’s Committee of Management.
- In considering an item for acquisition the Committee shall assess the item’s conformity with the collection criteria.
- The Acquisition Committee must approve all donations and purchases.
- The Society must be free to display, treat and where necessary deaccession collection material.
- The Society will not accept conditional donations or bequests.
- The Bendigo Historical Society will not accept permanent loans or long-term loans.
- Short term loans of up to 12 months for the purpose of exhibition, research or interpretation will be allowed on a case by case basis. See 11. Loans for details.
Unsolicited items left with the Bendigo Historical Society without contact details will be treated as abandoned goods and dealt with accordingly. See Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 for further information
See more information about donating to our collection on our collection page.
Bendigo Historical Society,
11 Mackenzie Street, Bendigo 3550
Postal address: 11 Mackenzie Street Bendigo 3550
Phone: 03 5442 1005