We have a Research Officer based at History House who answers research enquiries.
There is an initial charge of $10.00 for research services.
Bendigo Historical Society
Account number: 117 815 951
Download the Research request form Sept 2022 and send to email@example.com
or post to Bendigo Historical Society 11 Mackenzie St. Bendigo 3550
Please complete the Research request form Sept 2022
Newsletter contributions: firstname.lastname@example.org
BHS Membership Information 2023
BHS Membership Application Groups and Organisations
The BHS Collection has been relocated to History House at 11 Mackenzie Street Bendigo. The new location is currently open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. Phone 03 5442 1005 during these hours.
Address: Bendigo Historical Society, History House, 11 Mackenzie Street, Bendigo 3550
Postal address: 11 Mackenzie St. Bendigo. 3550
Acquisition of items for the BHS Collection. Please send details of offers of items (with photograph if possible) to our postal address or email email@example.com
- Items for the Bendigo Historical Society collection are acquired primarily through donation, though occasionally items may be acquired through purchase, transfer or bequest.
- Acceptance of an item for accession into the Society’s collection shall be at the discretion of the Society’s Committee of Management.
- In considering an item for acquisition the Committee shall assess the item’s conformity with the collection criteria.
- The Acquisition Committee must approve all donations and purchases.
- The Society must be free to display, treat and where necessary deaccession collection material.
- The Society will not accept conditional donations or bequests.
- The Bendigo Historical Society will not accept permanent loans or long-term loans.
- Short term loans of up to 12 months for the purpose of exhibition, research or interpretation will be allowed on a case by case basis. See 11. Loans for details.
Unsolicited items left with the Bendigo Historical Society without contact details will be treated as abandoned goods and dealt with accordingly. See Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 for further information
See more information about donating to our collection on our collection page.
How to Donate
The Bendigo Historical Society has a collection that is of historic significance to the Bendigo region that is now stored at our new location at History House, 11 Mackenzie St. Bendigo, Victoria.
The Society relies on grants, fundraising and donations to manage and preserve this collection, and to establish and maintain the heritage building we now occupy.
If you would like to donate to support the work of the Bendigo Historical Society, please use the following bank deposit details.
Bank details for donations
Name: Bendigo Historical Society
Account number: 117 815 951